Monday, March 8, 2010

DR. Citron

Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run like hell. He hates that.


I went to Dr. Citron today.I was able to go on my lunch break. My white count is good. My red blood cells, hemoglobin and hematocrit are pretty bad. I had an idea that this was the case. My blood pressure is also very low.

I have been having the side effects but they are not as profound this time as they were last time. I still have facial twitching, stomach pain, GI disturbances, numbness in hands and feet, achiness, pain in joints, bleeding from nose, mouth and rest of GI tract. They are all there but less intense than last time. I realized why that is. He lowered the dose! I forgot. So its not as bad. For instance, I still have stomach pain but I am not curled up in a ball and unable to move because of it. I can carry on. Very good. Dr. Citron was surprised that I am working, especially when he saw the blood counts. He said this is a terrible chemo regimen and I have been bombarded by very high doses of it. I must say that it has been much harder then I thought it would be. I rarely say that about anything.

He asked how I was feeling and my answer was "better than yesterday." I also figure, not as good as tomorrow. I know it will now keep getting better until we do it all again. But that will be the last time!! The days are getting warmer, spring is coming and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment