Sunday, March 7, 2010

Julianna is home

My little Julianna is home. I missed her so. She had a great time visiting with Rosanne and Dennis and her three adopted big brothers. She tried ketchup and peanut butter and onion rings for the first time. Loved them all. She did lots of fun things. It was great for me too because I really needed the rest.

I am feeling better than last time but I realize I overestimate what I can do. Taking a shower wipes me out. Standing for 10 to 15 minutes is very difficult. Tomorrow I see Dr. Citron and he will check my blood counts. I am guessing they will be pretty low. But hey, you never know.

My hair is holding up great. It is the one battle I am getting to win and it is great. My chemo drugs are taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin. I had heard that taxotere can cause permanent hair loss. I heard this right before my cousins told me they were collecting for the cold caps. It is a pretty scary thought. I have just been sent an article about this. I am posting the link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/women-who-took-chemo-drug-say-they-werent-warned-of-permanent-hair-loss/article1490406/

My chemo office kept saying, "What's the big deal? It grows back." Oh, maybe not. I don't have to worry about the possibility of it not coming back since I never lost it. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment