Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Earth laughs in flowers. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today is the day before chemo. It is usually super stressful for me. We went to get the ice because the appointment tomorrow is a little earlier than usual. I was afraid there wouldn't be enough time in the morning since the dry ice place opens at 10.

I have tons of things to do. Clean the house, do laundry, etc, etc. I blew them all off and went to the nursery to buy pansies and then put them in. Julianna loved the nursery. She just kept saying, "OOOOH, flowers!" A girl after my own heart. We bought six flats of pansies. Julianna had her overalls on and her own shovel. As I put the pansies in she followed me and dug them up. It was super cute but after awhile I gave up and put her in for a nap. While she napped I got them all in. They are at my house, my neighbor's house, in pots, hanging baskets and in the garden we made in the empty land across the street. I find that gardening really chills me out. It thrills me to see all the color after they are all in. So, it eased my mind, kept me busy and it looks really good.

I am so glad the groundhog was wrong and we got an early spring. You know what they say, never trust a rodent! Happy spring everyone.


I made this digital scrappage of Julianna about a year ago. She is about 7 months old here.

No comments:

Post a Comment