Thursday, October 15, 2009

Final Pathology

I realized I never posted about the final pathology report. The tumor was 17mm. The sentinel nodes were negative. The cancer is stage 1. It is ER/PR negative and Her2 positive. It will require chemotherapy. It might not be as intense a therapy as they originally thought, but that will be up to the oncologist.

Dr. Kostroff gave me the information. She is certainly one of the nicest people I have encountered throughout this ordeal. I meet a lot of surgeons through work. I have to say that a great deal of them have huge egos and the inability to relate to the patient. This is not the case with Dr. Kostroff. She is super kind and compassionate. It is nice to see that, with all her success, she didn't lose the point of the profession. Truly an excellent physician. I go back to her Monday. I am not sure when I will see Dr. Keller. Long road, short steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment