Monday, December 28, 2009

TCH Chemo #2

Today was my second "big chemo". It was taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin. I was very stressed out going into this. Its really hard when I know I am feeling pretty good right now and won't shortly. It was a whirlwind getting it all together. The ice, thermometer, breaking up the ice, packing the coolers, etc. Then going to othe drug store and fighting for the pills. They are supposed to be monthly but I am getting chemo every three weeks. This all while worrying about neglecting Julianna. My brother Rich was visiting so he was able to amuse Julianna for awhile. She is now staying at my friend Colleen's house. It is a HUGE help.

We got there with the packed cooler. Cathy and Vanna came. Cathy was going to teach Vanna what to do. They didn't like the idea that I had two people with me so we had to do the teaching part fast and Cathy had to leave. Despite Cathy's absence Vanna did a great job. we started the Cold Caps around 2. We finished them at 9pm. It was a very long day.

I didn't have any immediate side effects. When I got home I was having some trouble with balance.

The nurses at the chemo place said I should lose my hair by Christmas. It is still here. Today they said I should certainly lose it after this treatment, I am planning to prove them wrong.

Keep your fingers crossed that I have no side effects this time. Thanks so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment