Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Through It

So, everyone is asking how its going. I had no internet, but I am back now. The first few days after the chemo were filled with nausea and stomach pain. The anti-nausea medications helped a little. I actually felt like when I was about 9 weeks pregnant. Just yucky and there is not much anyone can do about it. On Wednesday I had to go back to the chemo place to get a shot of neulasta. The neulasta is supposed to raise the blood counts. About a day after the neulasta shot I started having pretty severe bone pain. They said this was likely to happen. It happens because the bone marrow makes the new blood cells. The bone marrow is in overdrive trying to make the cells and the old dead cells are in there too. This creates marrow crowding, and pain. At some points it was excruciating and very difficult to deal with. I still have it, but not to the degree I did Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The other side effect I still have is stomach pain and bowel disturbances.

Julianna has been the best baby. She is actually taking a nap right now. She really has made this easier. Last night she stayed over my friend Vanna's house. It was helpful to me because I could take a sleeping pill without worrying about hearing her if she should wake up. Julianna rarely wakes up in the middle of the night, but I wouldn't take anything just in case.

Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment