Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Doing Better

Jack extubated himself yesterday. He grabbed the tube and pulled it out. They had orders to leave it out if he did that. He is on the nasal o2. Yesterday he was doing pretty poorly with that and they said it was likely he would be back on the vent soon.

When I called today they said he started to do better and he is still only on the nasal O2. He is still having some oxygen saturation drops and heart rate drops but considerably less than yesterday. They are going to leave him on just the nasal O2 for now but there is a possibility that may change.

He continues to do well with his feeds and has gained another ounce. He is now 2 pounds, 10 ounces.

Julianna and I had a nice Christmas but she is sick. She had a high fever on Christmas Eve and then again last night. We went to PM Pediatrics last night. They cultured her throat and checked her ears, etc. They did not find anything and said it was likely that it is some type of virus.

We went to my sister Alice Anne's house and my Dad and Betty were also there. We had a nice time with everyone. Santa brought Julianna a ton of gifts. Her favorite is the Barbie Dream House.  I am thrilled that he finally brought that. I always wanted it when I was a kid. LOL.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment