Monday, December 24, 2012

Back On The Ventilator.

Jack is back on the ventilator. He had two prolonged periods of apnea that lead to his heart rate slowing down quite a bit. After the second time they re-intubated him and put him back on the ventilator. He is doing a lot better on the vent and they said his color got a lot better.

They said I should not get too upset about it because it is pretty common for preemies as early as Jack. They also said they are going to try to get him off the vent again soon. They had moved him into the step down unit when they took him off the vent. They are going to keep him there even though he is back on it.

They did tell me this would be a series of ups and downs. Uggghh.

2 comments:

  1. MaryEllen,
    I just caught up on your blog. I am so sorry to hear about Jack.
    I'm not sure how many SMCs you're connected with online. SingleMomBB is an SMC that delivered a 25 week preemie who is now 6 months old (7 now?). Her blog is: http://singlemom2b.blogspot.com/
    I thought you might like to connect with another Mom in a similar situation.
    Jack and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete