Saturday, February 13, 2010

MUGA scan, hydration, pulling through

I had my MUGA scan on Tuesday. The doctor said my ejection fraction was pretty good. However, he said it was really hard to do the test because I was having so many PVCs (premature ventricular contractions, essentially an extremely irregular heartbeat). He said it was hard to get an accurate picture of the ventricle because of this. This can be caused by the decadron (steroid). That was the only drug I had in me when I had the episode of shortness of breath.

I made it to work Tuesday. Wednesday I didn't due to the snow. Thursday I was hitting the bottom of the hole already so I didn't make it then either. On Friday I was feeling really bad and called the doctor. They told me to come in. I did and they gave me a liter of normal saline which helped me quite a bit. I asked about the PVCs and they said they are certain it is from the decadron. They will discuss reducing the dose. I am hoping they do. The decadron has tons of side effects and none of them are good.

I know I just have a few more days of this and I will start feeling a bit better. Thanks everyone for all the help and support.

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying… ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment