Monday, February 15, 2010

Dr. Citron

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I saw Dr. Citron today. I told him that I am starting to feel a little better. I told him that the numbness in my hands is getting really bad. He advised me that there is a good possibility that this may be permanent. He said he is going to reduce my taxotere dose by 10% so I don't lose the function of my hands. He said that is still within the curative range so that shouldn't be a problem but he doesn't want my hands to get worse. They are pretty numb but so far only fine motor skills like buttons are really difficult.

He did my blood counts and said the white count is really bad. He said I also have a viral infection. I do, a cold as usual after chemo. He said I should be extremely fatigued with these counts. I am a bit but I am better then yesterday. He said I should do another neupagen shot. I did and the bone pain is setting in. I guess when you do it two days in a row it acts like the neulasta.

Julianna is in bed. She was very tired from her adventure at Rosanne and Dennis' house. It wore her out to run around with all those big boys. She had a great time and the rest was great for me. I am sitting here now eating imodiums like they are tic tacs, washing them down with gatorade and wishing I could eat real food. A few more days for that I guess. Work tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment