Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Herceptin, Blood Counts. Florida

I had my herceptin infusion yesterday. They also checked my blood counts. Everything in the blood counts were normal except eosinophils, which were pretty low. Even though everything in the blood counts were normal, they just made it into range. If something was normal at 12-20, I was 12.1. It was that way throughout the whole report. That does explain some things to me because I do get tired very easily. I guess the fact that my red blood cells are just on the normal side explains why. They say its ok though. I have no restrictions. I can even fly. So I will.

Julianna and I are going to Florida today to visit Pop-Pop and Grandma Betty. I wanted to go for her birthday but I was not feeling that great. I started feeling better and checked the prices at Jetblue. It was $74 one way and $89 the other. My Dad and Betty said they wanted to buy us the tickets and that was awesome. I am not sure when I would get the chance again so its now or never. I am going to go back to work at the end of the month. I am out of sick time and they are currently using my vacation time so I get paid. Soon that will be gone too so I have to try to work through the rest of the chemo. I will not be able to take any time off to go away for awhile.

I will be in Florida until Saturday. They don't have a computer and I am not bringing mine. I will post when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment