Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pre-surgical Testing

I had some pre-surgical testing today. I got to go to my own doctor, Jorge Gardyn. I had an EKG, bloods and urine. I still have to have the chest x-ray. It will probably be on Friday due to work and childcare.

As the surgery date gets closer I realize I have tons of things to do before I am ready. I have the CT angiogram on Monday. It is at noon, but I think it may be an all day thing. I am going to go to work Tuesday but I think that will be it for work for awhile. I have to try to get things done around here that I won't be able to do for awhile.

I am worried about what the final pathology report will show. I am also worried about the nodes. I am having some discomfort in my right armpit. I know that may be a bad sign. They said it could be from the biopsy trauma or possibly due to issues from my shoulder because I had surgery on it a number of years ago. However, there is a realistic possibility that it could be nodal involvement. I think the waiting and imagining is worse than actually knowing about a bad reality. So far its been helping to stay busy, busy, busy.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, support and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment