Tuesday, September 15, 2009

IVF - Dr. Licciardi, NYU

I spoke to Dr. Licciardi at NYU IVF about the possibility of doing IVF and freezing any resulting embryos. He said there is less than a 1% chance of it being successful. He said the combination of my age, the freezing and thawing and the different meds would make it almost impossible. He said I could still try it if I really wanted to. I have done a lot of IVFs so I know it is really difficult. I don't think I am going to try it. I am very sad about this news.

He said in the future when all the treatment is over I could do donor egg and surrogate. I will likely do this, but I was really hoping Julianna could have a full sibling.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about this, Mary Ellen. This is the loss that many people won't really "get." Yes, it's important to focus on getting healthy for yourself and for Julianna, but ... you are losing a dream that is important to you. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete