Thursday, September 17, 2009

Surgery being moved up

I spoke to Dr. Sclafani today and I told her I wasn't comfortable waiting until Nov 17th for the surgery. She said she thought waiting that long was a very bad idea. She recommended doing the double mastectomy, recommended doing reconstruction with implants and possibly the full DIEP reconstruction later, after chemo. She said that putting the surgery off that long also required delaying the chemo and that was also a bad idea. She said she thought she could get me on the schedule for 9/28. That is pretty soon so it doesn't allow a lot of prep time.

They are going to let me know tomorrow if that date is a go. This smaller surgery will only require 3 to 4 days in the hospital instead of a full week. However, the recovery is still pretty similar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm for the sooner date. The sooner it starts, the sooner you're through the whole thing. Now, be very specific with all of us about what you need. Ask.