Friday, April 23, 2010

Warm Water! Ecstasy!!!!

Always remember to forget the things that made you sad,
but never forget to remember the things that made you glad.
- Victor Borge


Today was the first day after my chemo that I could wash my hair with warm water. It was amazingly great! I know that may sound like a simple thing, but I have only been able to use cold water on my head since December 5th. To save the hair you have to wash it in cold water to try to keep the follicles closed. So today I washed it with warm water and regular shampoo and it all stayed in. It feels cleaner than it has in months. I just love it.

My eyebrows are goners. I have about four hairs left on each one. I was trying to do an eyebrow combover thing but its not really working. When I wear sunglasses they are covered up. I think I am going to attempt to do the eyebrow pencil but I am worried about a cartoon look. Oh well! I really am not too upset about it. I would be about the hair on my head and that is there.

Julianna, Smudge and I met my friend Cathy and her dogs and we went on hike today. It is a nice day and it was great to get out and enjoy it. I am trying to walk everyday. I need to practice for the breast cancer walk but I need to exercise in general. I do agree that it is good for the body and the mind.

Thanks to everyone for all the support!! Thanks to Frank Fronda for inventing the Penguin Cold Caps and everyone at the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment