Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back in NY

We are back in NY. I am at work and Julianna is at babysitting. She was so happy to get there this morning. She said bye bye Mommy and closed the door to Christine's house. She was ready to play. It is sometimes weird for me that at two she has her own life in some ways. She has things she likes that I didn't introduce her to, people, activities and all sorts of things that she does without Mommy. I am sure people who have big kids are used to all that. I am glad she can tell me about some of it at the end of the day.

Florida was nice. It was great to see my Dad and Betty and all the relatives at Joe and Mary's house. It is a little bittersweet to see my Dad. The dementia is really taking him away. He can tell you a story about twenty years ago but he has forgotten how to use a light switch. It is heartbreaking. Luckily he still remembers us. He loves Julianna and she loves him. She wraps her chubby little hands around his neck and says "I wuv you Pop-Pop". That makes all the struggle to get down there while not feeling well completely worth it.

Julianna did lots of great things down in Florida. She saw the Easter bunny and went on an Easter egg hunt. She looked pretty cute. I put Easter ribbons in her hair. They came to me from my cousin Susannah who brought us some delightful treats from Bon-Bons. They had a beautiful Easter egg ribbon on them and I put it in Julianna's hair. She loved it and it was super cute. We went over to Joe and Mary's house for Easter. It was very nice and Julianna had a great time playing with her cousin Michaela. We went out to eat a few times, browsed in some shops and did a lot of relaxing.

I did have a bit of a hard time getting through the airports. It is a little tough traveling with an active two year old, but when you throw post chemo fatigue and pain on top it is really hard. I started the trip with swollen hands, feet and joints. They were super huge following each plane ride. I don't know why the plane can make you swell up, but it does. I am still pretty swollen today. I am hoping it goes down soon.

It is a beautiful day in NY today. It is supposed to be about 85 degrees. The flowers are blooming and everything is beautiful. When I started chemo in December I never thought spring would get here. It has and I am loving it. Baseball has started and the Mets won on opening day. Julianna wore shorts today, Smudge has his baby pool and umbrella out, the sun is shining and all is right with the world.

Thanks everyone for all the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment