Friday, April 9, 2010

LI 2 Day Breast Cancer Walk

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
~Tommy Lasorda


I am going to walk in the LI 2 day breast cancer walk. It is 35 miles over 2 days. It is a big challenge for me after four surgeries and four months of chemo. I am going to get out and walk in preparation. It is important to me to get out there and walk because I would like to help raise money to stop this disease.

If anyone is interested in walking with us the team name is Blue Butterflies. You can sign up at http://www.li2daywalk.org/. It is a great way to do something that is good for you for a good cause.

I have set a personal goal to raise $2500. If anyone would like to sponsor me the link is:
http://www.li2daywalk.org/donation.asp You can just put in Humphrey in the last name section. All donations are tax deductible and it is a great cause. Just think, it might be your donation that funds the research for a cure, or better still prevention. .I hear they are working on a vaccine. Wouldn't that be great?



Maybe together we can eradicate this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment