Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Family visit

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball........ It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. ~Field of Dreams



Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.



It was a shame. They didn't win.


I had the chance to go to the Nationals game in DC with a group of my cousins. We had a great time. There is nothing like a baseball game to take my mind off cancer and any other negative thing. A hot dog and a beer at a baseball game is better than any drug.


My cousin Johnny was visiting my Maryland cousins with his family. Julianna and I took a ride down. It was really great to see everyone. Julianna loved seeing her cousins. She was calling my Uncle Bill Pop-Pop's brother Pop. That cracked us all up. She loved my Aunt Rosie and is still saying "love MiMi".


They had a baby shower for my cousin Melissa who is expecting her baby girl soon. I am very excited for her. Good things come to those who wait, and they waited, tried and prayed a long time for this baby. I am sure she will be all they imagined and more.


I had my herceptin on Wednesday so I was a little worried that I wouldn't be feeling so great, but I was better then I thought I would be.


We had such a good time!! Thanks everyone!


Daniel, Holly, John, Johnny and Joseph Humphrey at the game

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, MaryEllen! We had a Great time seeing you and Julianna. The game was a lot of fun, but it was a Shame that the Home Team Did Not Win...It's just a shame... Hopefully, we can all get together more often. Anytime you want to visit California, please let us know. Hope you all have a wonderful time at your lake later this month. Take care...Love, Johnny and the Family

    ReplyDelete