Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving Along

It's a blur since they told me about it
How the darkness had taken its toll
And they cut into my skin and they cut into my body
But they will never get a piece of my soul
~ Melissa Etheridge (I Run For Life)



I am feeling a lot better today. When I asked Dr. Keller when I could drive he said "You? Tomorrow, because you will anyway." I guess he really has gotten to know me. I really can't let all of this keep me down.


I called and spoke to Julianna who was at my Dad and Betty's. She kept saying "Momma, Momma". Then she was saying "go to Mommy's house." So I knew I had to go get her. She has a great time with Grandma and Pop-Pop but I know she misses me, her dog and her bed. I kept calling them and there was no answer and the machine didn't come on. There was a big storm that hit the north shore of LI really bad so I figured they had no power. I picked up a pizza and a salad in case they couldn't cook and drove up there. It took an hour to get there due to all the traffic signal lights being out. There were people directing traffic and it was really slow. When I got there, sure enough, no power.


Julianna was thrilled to see me. We visited there a little while and while we were there their power came back on. I was glad because it is over 90 degrees out and it is too hot for them. I asked them if they wanted to come to my house before the power came back on but they were reluctant to leave. I am glad they have their ac back.


Julianna was out cold before we got home and she is sound asleep in her crib right now. I am glad she is back here. I will still need help with her during the day but I am ok for her to sleep here. I can pick her up but I can't do it all day long.


Perfect sleepy girl back home in her bed

No comments:

Post a Comment