Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oxygen

Jack is doing much better with the feeds. He is now getting 45 cc over an hour into his stomach. He is tolerating the feeds well.

He is still having pretty severe heart rate drops and oxygen desaturations. He had another really bad one yesterday where they had to ventilate him and use the c-pap for awhile. He seems to have a few significant episodes each day. Today they had to raise his oxygen to 2.5 liters per minute. They have tried to reduce it numerous times but he never maintains the reduction for very long. He is doing much better with more oxygen.

Both Julianna and I are sick. There is no way I can go see Jack if I am sick because he is at high risk for any respiratory issues.

I am still hoping to get him up here but it is taking forever. One of Jack's nurses said he might be ready to go home before we straighten out a transfer. I sure hope he is ready soon, but I am doubtful that it will be really fast since he is having so many issues with his breathing and heart rate.

I sure hope I get to see him soon. I can't wait to give him hugs and snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment