Saturday, August 14, 2010

One Year Ago....

Today marks one year since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I must say, even though it was a tough year, it went pretty fast.

I still have a few more months of herceptin infusions to go. It makes my joints and muscles ache and it makes me pretty tired. It is a different type of tired, super fatigue and inertia. I am having surgery again on October 4th. It will be more surgery to try to get symmetry of the breasts. They are a bit better since the last surgery but still pretty far away from normal.

Julianna and I are having a nice summer. It was great to see a lot of family up at the lake. Julianna swam, roasted marshmallows and picked blueberries. She loved seeing all her cousins and cried when everyone left. I loved seeing everyone but I wish I had more energy. I am going to ask the doctor when I go on Monday if there is any drug I can take to get a boost.

Thanks everyone for all the help and support during this very difficult year. I could never have gotten through it all with out all of you!

Kaden, Chris and Rudy
Susannah and Lisa

Hanging out


Julianna swimming



Cousins





Mary Lou, Ruby, Gregory and ME

Julianna with her marshmallow





No comments:

Post a Comment