Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms reading this. This is, of course, a hard day for everyone whose Mom is gone. I miss my Mother everyday. It is amazing, after 28 years it can still feel so new.

I remember how, at sixteen I looked down at my forty four year old Mother in a hospital bed and saw only the distance between our ages. Surely I could do all I wanted before then if I too were to meet the same fate. I now realize how very young she was and very frightened she must have been.

I am thankful for all she did in the very short time we had her. I realize she did so much to shape my life. I certainly hope that I can be as good a Mom to Julianna as my Mother was to me.

If roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me.
Place then in my Mother's arms and tell her they're from me .
Tell her that I Love her and miss her everyday
Then when she turns to smile

place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
Remembering her is easy, I do it everyday
But there's an ache within my heart that ...
will never go away.

Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you. XXXXOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment