Monday, November 2, 2009

Tough Day

This surgery was by far the worst of the three. I drove Julianna to my Dad and Betty's today. That was the first time driving since the last surgery. She usually goes there Mondays and she enjoys it a lot. I have been extremely tired. I am having a lot of pain to the surgical site and where the drains are. I called Kelly the PA at Dr. Keller's office. She said that many patients tell her this is an especially painful surgery. I have an appointment on Thursday and I am hoping they will take the drain out. She asked if I thought it looked infected or discolored. It does not.

I do not have a lot of patience. I am not good at sitting still. Julianna is going to stay at my Dad and Betty's tonight. It is a good thing, but of course it makes me sad because I miss her.

If anyone has any ideas about how to accelerate recovery please send them along. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, good wishes, cards, gifts, food, childcare and everything else. And thanks to all the strangers who gave me their blood. I really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment