Monday, June 25, 2012

Official Beta HCG Results

The blood pregnancy test is officially positive!! The number was 112 and that is 14 days post ovulation. They will do another test on Wednesday to make sure everything is doubling as it should and then they will schedule the first sonogram.

I am very excited!!!!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Picture!!!!



Tierney sent me this picture!!!! The official blood test is tomorrow, but this looks pretty good!!!


Blood Test Tomorrow

Tierney will have her blood tested tomorrow to see if she is pregnant. I am keeping my hopes up.

I went to see Dr. Marc Citron (oncologist) the other day. He did an exam and drew blood. Everything was fine with the exam and he said they would call within two days if there were any problems with the blood. Specifically, they do tests for tumor markers to see if anything is rising. I have never had high tumor markers. It is hard to say if I ever did since the first time I ever had that test was after my surgery where any tumor was removed. In most cases if there is a recurrence anywhere in the body the tumor markers will rise. I did not hear anything from Dr. Citron's office, no news is really good news. I have to go back to see him again in November.

Julianna and I have been having a good time. We went to Walt Disney World last month, Sesame Place this month, lots of beach trips, parks and the movie Brave last night. We pack a lot in. She has gotten so easy to do things with I sometimes wonder if I am crazy to add another baby. But, then she tells me how she wishes on stars and prays for a baby so I think it is the right thing to do.

I will post when I find out the results of tomorrow's blood test. Fingers crossed.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Two Embryos Transferred Today!

Tierney had the embryo transfer this morning. The embryologist called me to say the embryos thawed well and were considered "good" quality. Not excellent, but good.

Julianna and I were at her t-ball carnival and she received her trophy. While we were there Tierney was in Texas having the transfer. She called me, pretty groggy from the valium, saying she was just about to be wheeled into the procedure room.

So now the waiting begins. Since the embryos were at a 6 day stage when they were frozen we will only have to wait 8 days to find out if it worked. I sure hope so!!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Embryo Transfer Tomorrow

So tomorrow is the big day!!! Tierney is flying to Texas today for the embryo transfer tomorrow. The doctor should call me just before the transfer to let me know how the embryos look. We are probably going to transfer two, but that depends on the embryo quality.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Well, we are hoping to get moving again. Tierney is feeling better and that is good. However, she lost a  lot of time from work due to the bed rest, miscarriage and D & C. Since she did not yet have a year at her job she did not qualify for FLMA. She has been told she can't miss any work time. Our clinic is in Texas and she is in Arkansas. She will have to fly there for the transfer. The clinic was saying there was no way they would do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) on the weekend. This was a huge issue and meant we would just have to wait until Tierney's job gives her some time off.

We were lucky because the clinic doctor has agreed to allow us to do our FET on a weekend. This is great because it will move it up somewhat. As of today it is looking like we will transfer in mid June. I hope that actually happens.

We have decided to transfer two embryos this time. This was a big dilemma for me. I am worried about prematurity as well as Tierney's health in the event both embryos decide to stay. The problem is that I am running out of money and I want it to work. The cost each time is pretty high. So we have agreed to go ahead with two.

Julianna told me that she wishes on a star every night for a sister. I told her we don't know if we will get a baby and if we do it could be a boy. She said she knows that and that is why she wishes on a star. I really hope it works this time.

Monday I have my appointment with Dr, Kostroff, my breast surgeon. I only have to go once a year now. I am pretty sure everything is fine but I will find out for certain on Monday.

I am feeling good, enjoying life and very busy. Julianna has swimming and T-ball. She is having a lot of fun and is a happy and good natured child. Life is good!!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Waiting to Try Again

     Tierney is starting to feel better! She wanted the miscarriage to happen naturally but it did not. Her OB/GYN Dr. Woods said she had to have a D & C or she would get a terrible infection. He scheduled her for the D & C that day.

     So far she is feeling ok. We are waiting for her cycle to start again. She will go on birth control pills so they can control her cycle. When everything is ready she will fly to Texas for the frozen embryo transfer.

     The big dilemma now is, should we transfer one or two embryos? With two, obviously there is a big chance of having twins. With twins there are greater chances of complications and prematurity. It is also a much bigger risk for Tierney, and a more difficult pregnancy. With one, there is a greater chance that it won't work at all. Each try is very expensive and it is not covered by insurance. I am not going to be able to do many tries. Frozen embryo transfer has a lower success rate than fresh embryo transfer. I can't help but think if we had put two in maybe there would still be a baby growing.

     Tierney says she is ok with whatever I decide. I go back and forth on it. I'll let you all know when anything is happening. Right now it is a waiting game.