Thursday, May 3, 2012

Well, we are hoping to get moving again. Tierney is feeling better and that is good. However, she lost a  lot of time from work due to the bed rest, miscarriage and D & C. Since she did not yet have a year at her job she did not qualify for FLMA. She has been told she can't miss any work time. Our clinic is in Texas and she is in Arkansas. She will have to fly there for the transfer. The clinic was saying there was no way they would do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) on the weekend. This was a huge issue and meant we would just have to wait until Tierney's job gives her some time off.

We were lucky because the clinic doctor has agreed to allow us to do our FET on a weekend. This is great because it will move it up somewhat. As of today it is looking like we will transfer in mid June. I hope that actually happens.

We have decided to transfer two embryos this time. This was a big dilemma for me. I am worried about prematurity as well as Tierney's health in the event both embryos decide to stay. The problem is that I am running out of money and I want it to work. The cost each time is pretty high. So we have agreed to go ahead with two.

Julianna told me that she wishes on a star every night for a sister. I told her we don't know if we will get a baby and if we do it could be a boy. She said she knows that and that is why she wishes on a star. I really hope it works this time.

Monday I have my appointment with Dr, Kostroff, my breast surgeon. I only have to go once a year now. I am pretty sure everything is fine but I will find out for certain on Monday.

I am feeling good, enjoying life and very busy. Julianna has swimming and T-ball. She is having a lot of fun and is a happy and good natured child. Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment