Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Surgery Day

We are getting ready for Jack's surgery today. He wasn't allowed  to eat after 11:30 pm. He can have clear fluids until 4:30 am. I am getting ready to give him some apple juice since I hear him starting to stir.

I am worried about how he will do with the anesthesia because of his fragile lungs. I am worried that they may have difficulty extubating him.

I am hoping they will let me be with him in the recovery room as soon as he comes out of the operating room. I feel guilty that I was not there with him all the time in Arkansas. I think if I had been maybe I would have been able to stop them from giving the interacting drugs that likely caused his deafness. There is no way I will be anywhere but right next to him for any medical procedures that happen here.

My friend Cathy is going to meet me there to sit with me while I wait. I am dropping Julianna off at my friend Colleen's house at 5:15 because it is too early to take her to daycare. We have to be at the hospital at 6:00 and his surgery is scheduled for 7:30. He will have the auditory brain stem response (ABR) hearing test while he is still under anesthesia. The tubes are supposed to be pretty fast. I know the ABR takes a little over an hour. If all goes well we should be out of there pretty quickly.

Thanks for all the well wishes!! Happy Birthday to my friend Vicky!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and Jack!!
    Cheryl and the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for the best!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you connected with Claire over at http://claireandfiona.blogspot.com? She's also an SMC and her youngest is hearing impaired.

    ReplyDelete