Saturday, September 29, 2012

Getting Excited!!

I am getting very excited about the baby. The "big" 20 week sonogram is on October 17th. I am going to go to Little Rock, Arkansas to see it. I am going to fly down on the 16th, stay overnight, see the sonogram and fly back. There are no direct flights from any of the New York airports to Little Rock. This means you have to change planes somewhere. The best airfares have you changing planes two or three times, but that is too much for me even if it is a big savings. I am still seeking out the airfare, stealthily checking various sites at all hours of the day and night. This method has worked for me in the past so I am hoping it works again.

My stepmother Betty has shingles. She is in a ton of pain. I went over there yesterday so she could go to the doctor. They confirmed it was shingles and gave her an anti-viral and pain medication. She is currently having very severe flu-like symptoms, fever and bad nerve pain. Of course this disease is stress induced. Her stress level is super high. If you can get the shot for this I would suggest it, it is a terrible illness. I called my pediatrician immediately because someone who has not yet has chicken pox can get the chicken pox from someone with shingles. She cannot transmit the shingles to anyone who has had chicken pox. In that case the disease is already dormant in your body. Julianna has not had chicken pox and her whole immunization schedule was disrupted, first because she was a preemie and needed RSV shots and then because I was having chemotherapy and she was not allowed to have any vaccines during that time due to the extreme immunosuppression from the chemotherapy.

We went to the pediatrician this morning and it turns out she actually had the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine right before I was diagnosed with the breast cancer. Score! But they did give her her last hepatitis B vaccine and a flu vaccine. She was a trooper as usual and we are finally all caught up with all shots. I wanted her to get caught up for her health as well as the new baby's health.

Tierney is super busy but she is feeling good. It is amazing that we are almost half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment