Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cochlear Implant Working Again



We had an appointment with the audiologist today. She was able to trouble shoot Jack's equipment and get him hearing again. The microphone was not working properly. I had called Advanced Bionics numerous times and they sent me a new microphone and a new processor but I could not get it to work. The audiologist reprogrammed the processor. She also had to turn the program down in volume when we used the new microphone. The new microphone with the old program was causing Jack to cry and blink his eyes. It was much too loud. We are going to have to turn it up slowly again.

I met with his speech pathologist at the school after his audiology appointment. I showed her everything we are doing. I also showed his teacher how to put it back on him if it comes off (happens all the time) and how to turn it off and remove it before he gets on the bus. He can't wear it on the bus because the microphone is a choking hazard.

Jack started his physical therapy (at home) yesterday. It went ok, but he was very tired since it kept him from his early nap. It is hard to fit all the therapies, school and the naps in. He is not a happy boy when he misses his nap. Jack is a great sleeper. He goes to bed at about 6:30 and sleeps until 7:00. He usually takes a nap around 10:00.

I am retired now but I am busier than ever. I am hoping things settle down a bit once we get used to the new fall schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment