Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Three Years From Diagnosis

Three years ago today I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a long road but I am happy to say I feel great and I am very optimistic about my future. I realize the cancer can still recur but I do my best not to dwell on it. A number of women who were diagnosed with similar stage, grade, tumor markers and at the same time as I was have recurred and are now stage 4, but most are fine. I spoke to a lot of women on breastcancer.org. and I have continued to follow some of their journeys. It was a great site and I learned a lot there. Back then people told me I should join a support group. There was no way I could do that since babysitting was an issue for me, plus, a lot of the time I was too tired to go drive somewhere. Breastcancer.org is an online support group, discussion site and wealth of information. I highly recommend it to anyone dealing with breast cancer.

So for me it is a happy anniversary. I am happy to have gotten through tough tines and happy to be looking ahead. Tierney is almost in the second trimester. I really feel like we will make it this time and have a baby. Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment