Monday, March 14, 2011

What's up?

So, I haven't posted here in awhile. What has been happening?

I still have my port. It was supposed to be removed but the surgery was cancelled due to bad weather. Paramedics show up in snow but apparently doctors don't. I am hoping to have it out sometime soon.

I have finished everything! I went back to Dr. Kostroff (breast surgeon) and I passed the exam with flying colors. I go back to the oncologist on 3/28. I will have blood tests and an exam. I will not need any scans unless the tumor markers rise, and that is not expected. It is possible, but statistically the chances are low.

As most people close to me know, my biggest emotional upset about the breast cancer was the fact that I would not be able to have another baby. It was a huge blow. I didn't want Julianna to be an only child. It upsets me for her, but also for her potential children who will never have an Aunt, Uncle or first cousin. My family and extended family have always been very important to me so it was so sad to think she wouldn't have that.

So, good news! I have retained the services of a surrogacy agency. I am going to have a baby but a surrogate will carry it. It will be a gestational surrogacy. That means, the egg will not be that of the surrogate. We will do invitro fertilization and the embryo will be placed in the uterus of the surrogate.

It is similar to an adoption, but different too. We will be able to do a pre-birth order so my name will go on the birth certificate immediately. Also, the agency sets it up so I will be able to room in the hospital with the baby.

I am waiting to match right now. I do have one potential match. There is a distance issue there but I may be able to overcome it. That surrogate lives in Tennessee. She sounds awesome and it may work out. She has been a surrogate before and that is great.

So, it will be great to change this blog from one of sickness to one of life! Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out!


Me and Julianna
                                                                          Julianna

No comments:

Post a Comment