Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No Results Yet, Florida Trip Postponed

So I haven't gotten any results from the bone scan yet. I guess they love the suspense, but it kills me. I called my oncologist. He called me back and said the radiologist did not call him back yet. He said that should be a good sign because they usually call him right away if there is a problem. But of course there are no guarantees there. I try to stay busy and not think about it too much but I can't help but go there sometimes. If the scan is clear I am cancer free, if not I am stage four. I am trying my best not to think about it.

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~Mark Twain

Our Florida trip is on hold for now. I know everyone said it sounded like a bad sitcom to be traveling with a dementia patient, a cancer patient, a person with a broken hip, a two year old and three cats. I admit I think it is a bit crazy. It also amazes me that it costs more for the cats to fly than the people. They don't even get feline first class. Its under the seats for them. They also have to come out of the carriers in security and that has me imagining all sorts of situations.

The trip is postponed because Betty had a stress test because of an abnormal ekg. The stress test revealed a blockage that must be corrected immediately. They have not given her a date yet but it will be soon. She has to have an angioplasty and likely stents. My Dad can't be left alone so we have to make some arrangements for him. They did tell her that it should be one day surgery and she should be able to travel shortly after the procedure. I am hoping it is successful and complication free.

When I find out something, about any of these things, I will let people know what is happening.

Happy 40th Birthday to my brother Rich!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Angioplasty Side effects
    Angioplasty has provided to be boon for heart patient. They found ray of hope after coming this technology into existence. This has been one of the best technologies used. Stent, is used in this technology. There are also few side effects for this. But in spite of angioplasty side affects this s still very good for heart patient.

    ReplyDelete